Thursday, November 12, 2009

New Blog - What's new at Parker Produce

Welcome to the new and improved Parker Produce Blog. We hope that this new blog will be easier to use for both us and our members.

Looking outside right now I can see the heaviest frost of the season. But there are a lot of wonderful things still happening in our garden. I removed some row covers the other day to behold some beautiful purple cauliflower had begun to ripen. These are transplants that I am putting under quick tunnels.
I have also finished construction (but for a few cosmetic touches) on our new, movable greenhouse. You can see the track system below. The examples I have seen are all metal but I wanted to use local vendors and materials so I got cedar from a sawmill in Corinna and bought my track from a fence company in Newport. It came out great. I can't wait to move it in the spring with nothing more than some elbow grease.







Finally, I just wanted to plug our Winter Club. A few of our CSA members have been enjoying produce from our root cellar and fresh from the gardens. You too can sign up to receive emails telling you what we have available each week. Imagine fresh spinach, lettuce, carrots, turnips, beet greens and much more from right here in Maine throughout the winter. If you would like to receive these emails please contact me and I'll get you on the list. Enjoy the sunshine!














No comments:

Post a Comment